Leather aprons have been used by bartenders for centuries as a way to protect their clothes from spills and stains. But while the aprons serve a practical purpose, they also have an important symbolic meaning. Aprons represent the bartender's profession and signify that he or she is a member of the bar staff. In fact, many bartenders consider their aprons to be their most prized possessions.
While there are many different types of aprons available on the market, leather aprons are by far the most popular choice among bartenders. Leather aprons are not only stylish and professional-looking, but they're also durable and easy to clean. And since they're made from natural materials, they're actually super comfortable to wear.
What Makes a Leather Apron Different from other Bar Aprons?
Leather aprons are different than other aprons in a few key ways. Some of the most notable differences include:
- Leather aprons are more durable than other types of aprons. When you spill a drink or drop a glass, you don't have to worry about your apron getting ruined. Leather aprons can take a beating and still look great. Our leather aprons are made to last a life time!
- Leather aprons are easy to clean. Just wiping down the apron with a damp cloth is usually enough to remove any spills or stains. Our premium collection aprons are even totally stain-proof! This saves lots of time and money on washing.
- Leather aprons are comfortable to wear. Unlike other types of aprons, leather aprons don't feel constricting, sweaty or uncomfortable. They're also lightweight and breathable, so you won't get too hot while wearing one. Especially our cross-back bar aprons won't strain your neck and assure a all-day long wearing comfort.
- Leather aprons look professional. There's no denying that leather aprons have a certain air of sophistication and style about them. If you want to make a good impression on your customers, a leather apron is a way to go.
- A fabric apron will look less and lease every time you use it. A Leather apron will only gain more and more character every time you wear it.
How to Choose the Right Leather Apron?
When it cis time to choose a leather apron, there are a few things you'll need to take into account. Some of the most important factors to consider include:
- The size of the apron. Make sure to select an apron that fits your body size. You don't want an apron that's too small or too large. Because leather aprons are typically adjustable, you'll have some wiggle room when it comes to models.
- The style of the apron. Do you want a half-apron or a full-apron? A half-apron will cover your bottom side, while a full-apron will also cover your top. Even if you're leaning towards a certain style, it's always a good idea to try on both types before you make your final decision.
- The pockets. Some leather aprons have a slick design awithout pockets, but some may have multiple pockets. If you plan on using your apron for work, then you'll want to make sure it has enough pockets to hold all of your tools and supplies. Optionally you can also always add some of our waiter pouches for additional storage.
- The straps. The straps on a leather apron should be adjustable so that you can get a comfortable fit. You'll also want to make sure that the straps are made from durable material that won't break easily. In comparisson to many of our competitors, all our straps are made of the highest quality buffalo leather, which is indestructible. Also consider the style of your straps. Do you want a classic bib apron with neck straps? Or prefer a leather crossback apron with shoulder straps? Or do you prefer our butcher style apron with one wide shoulder strap?
- Personalization options. A leather bar apron is a great way to have your staf stand out in the crowds. A personalized leather apron with logo is also a perfect marketing tool to put extra attention to the name of your bar. Or how about making things even more personal with the name of your bartender on their own apron?! So when ordering your leather apron for your bar, make sure to make it personalize it. Brickwalls and Barricades offers multiple options for personalized leather aprons with logo. Ps: The main picture of this blog shows a bartender in the fully custom designed aprons we have made for the full staff of all restaurants and bars within The Hall on Franklin in Tampa, USA ;)
Consider these factors when choosing a leather apron and you'll be sure to find one that's perfect for you.
Best Leather Aprons for Bars and Bartenders
There are a number of great leather aprons on the market, but some stand out above the rest. These are our top picks for the best leather aprons for usage in bars for bartenders:
1. "The Premium X-Cross” - Leather Crossback Apron
2. "The Premium Long Bistro” - Leather Waist Apron
3. "The Butcher" - Leather Apron
The Bottom Line
Leather aprons are a great choice for bartenders, baristas, servers, and anyone else who needs to protect their clothes from spills, splashes and messes. They're also stylish and can add a touch of class to any outfit. When choosing a leather apron for your bar, be sure to take into account the size, style, pockets, straps, and price. And finally, don't forget to check out our top picks for the best leather aprons for bartenders.
Where to Find the Best Leather Apron?
Looking for a high-quality, durable leather apron for bars? Check out our top picks at Brickwalls & Barricades. We offer a wide selection of aprons, from bar aprons to BBQ aprons, in a variety of styles and colors. And with our convenient online ordering system, you can have your new apron shipped right to your door. So don't wait any longer, order your leather apron today!